Catrice Prime and Fine Green Primer

Hello ladies!

I've seen this product on a few other blogs and they all made me so curious about this item. It's the Prime and Fine Anti-red Base from Catrice. It's a brand new product from Catrice and I was very curious about the quality of this primer. First of all you have to know that I've always been struggling with a very uneven, red skin on my face. Especially my cheeks always have a red tone to them which I always try to cover. This green primer gave me high expectations and looked perfect for me to give it a shot!
 This green primer comes in a matching green tube which I like because of hygienic reasons. It's very easy to get the product out of the tube. It says to neutralizes the redness on your skin, that it's long-lasting and oil-free. The only thing I was surprised about, was about the small size of the product. Maybe I was deceived by the pictures I saw in the other reviews, because it looked bigger in the pictures I saw. I have to say that there are positive and negative opinions about this product, so I was very curious how it would work on my skin.
This product claims to be a soft green primer that will neutralizes redness and that will give a long-lasting even skin tone. It says to minimizes optically fine lines and pores. Catrice says you can use it alone or under make-up. It's free of parabens, oil and perfume. It's dermatologically tested. I can already see that it's not totally perfume-free, but it don't has a overwhelming smell either.
Because of the tube it's easy to get the right amount of product. It was the first time I used a green primer so it was a bit scary to put a bright green-blue product all over my face. 
 When you rub it into your skin, it has a pleasant and soft feeling. It has a pretty watery consistency and but it's quite thick for a primer. You don't need a lot to cover up your whole face, so a little goes a long way! 
Here you can see my skin when it's fully rubbed into my skin. When you compare this picture with the picture above, you can see the difference in skincolor: after you used the green primer, your skin looks way more white because it covered the redness in my skin. I tried to capture it on this picture, but in real life you would see that my skin was full of glitters... one of the disadvantages of this primer!

Conclusion PRO. This primer makes my skin a lot more white and makes my redness less visible which I really like. Because my redness is really bad sometimes, there is no product that totally makes the redness disappear. This green primer of Catrice also didn't do the full job, but I saw a little difference of less redness when I used this primer.
Conclusion CONTRA. But I have some disadvantages also. It was difficult to capture it in pictures, but the primer is FULL of glitters. This is for me the biggest disadvantages about this primer. Because why would you use a primer that makes your face look like a disco ball?! 
As I said above, this product says that you can use it as the only product on your skin, but I really don't recommend it. When I only use this product on my skin, it gives me a really pale, glittery and uneven skin. I would definitely use a foundation and powder over it, because the foundation makes the glitters a little bit less visible. Besides the glitter, it gives me a quite sticky feeling after I applied foundation. I'm not exactly sure if it's the foundation (I tested this primer with the FIT ME! foundation of Maybelline) or the primer that leaves a sticky finish to my skin. 

To sum it all up, I don't like using this primer every day, because it has advantages and disadvantages. The advantages is that I see a little bit of difference in redness on my skin when I use it as a primer. The disadvantages are that it has too much glitters in it which are not needed in a primer and that it leaves a sticky finish to my skin. Overall, I wouldn't wear this green primer if you don't need high coverage or when you don't have a lot of redness. I only use this primer because it makes my skin look a little bit less red and with a foundation I can pretty good cover the glitters. 

What do you think of green primers? 

Don't forget to love and smile today!
Love, Annelies


CONVERSATION

16 reacties:

  1. Great review, really interesting!!

    Kisses!

    Tiff
    http://mabulledepensees.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lijkt mij een erg fijn product de witte versie hiervan vind ik zoooo fijn! liefs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. De witte versie heb ik zelf nog niet geprobeerd, maar die ga ik misschien ook wel eens proberen dan!
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
  3. Ziet er super fijn uit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Het geeft je een goede basis om je foundation over uit te smeren, maar vooral de glitters erin zijn wat overbodig! Liefs

      Delete
  4. Klinkt goed, maar wel gek dat er glitters in zitten haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inderdaad, heel raar. Het nut van glitters in een primer begrijp ik ook nog niet echt haha! Liefs

      Delete
  5. Deze wil ik ook nog steeds graag testen :D lijkt me fijn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je kan hem zeker eens uittesten! Enkel de glitters erin zijn overbodig vind ik, maar het bedekt wel de roodheid voor een deel! Liefs

      Delete
  6. Ik heb ook zoiets van l'oreal en ik vind het m'n gezicht veel te glimmend maken. Fijne review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inderdaad, deze primer doet dat ook wel. Het zorgt voor een vrij dikke laag op je huid waardoor mijn huid erna ook glimt. Ik gebruik hem enkel voor feestjes als ik die roodheid een beetje wil verstoppen :-). Liefs

      Delete
  7. Ik ben nog steeds ontzettend benieuwd naar deze primer, inderdaad erg handig voor rode plekjes zeg! Handige review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inderdaad voor de rode plekjes een beetje weg te werken, maar spijtig van de glitters. Dankjewel Suze! Liefs

      Delete
  8. Wow, dit kende ik nog niet! Ik heb zelf geen rode huid, maar het is wel een cool product :)
    Xx Manon

    lapparence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, ik vond het ook wel een goede uitvinding die groene primers, enkel vind ik de glitters in deze van Catrice een groot nadeel!
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete

Double tap