The Body Shop: lip & body butter

Goodmorning ladies!

The Body Shop has definitely become more popular in Belgium during the last years and I've been trying out a few products from the Body Shop lately. Do you want to know what I think about these products? Let's get right into it then!

Goedemorgen dames!
The Body Shop is zeker en vast meer en meer bekend geworden in België gedurende de laatste jaren en ik heb de laatste tijd enkele producten getest van the Body Shop. Wil je weten wat ik vind van deze producten? Laten we er dan maar snel aan beginnen!
These are the 2 products I've been using: the Shea Lip Butter and Body Butter.
I have a different meaning about these 2 products, so let's start with the smallest one.

Dit zijn de 2 producten die ik al een tijdje gebruik: de Shea Lip Butter en Body Butter. 
Ik heb verschillende meningen over deze 2 producten, dus laten we beginnen met de kleinste. 
The Shea Lip Butter: I've never tried a lip butter before, so I was very curious about it when I bought this one from the Body Shop. When I used it the first time, I didn't really like it: it was a hard consistency so I couldn't get a lot of product on my finger because it was that hard. Besides the consistency, I found that the packaging wasn't that convenient either. I think the container is a bit to high for the small amount of product in it. After a while of using this product, I discovered that it's much easier to apply this product when it's a bit warmed up. If you store this lip butter in a warmer place, the product in it will melt and it will be much easier to apply this to your lips. It will give your lips a gloss, just like a lipgloss does. Although I mostly don't like the scent of products of the Body Shop, I really like the scent of this lip product. 

De Shea Lip Butter: ik had nog nooit een lip butter gebruikt, dus ik was erg nieuwsgierig toen ik deze kocht in the Body Shop. Toen ik het voor de eerste keer gebruikte, beviel het me niet meteen: het had een harde structuur waardoor ik weinig product kon nemen doordat het zo hard was. Naast de structuur, vond ik dat de verpakking ook niet echt ideaal was. Ik vind dat het doosje een beetje te hoog is voor de kleine hoeveel product dat er in zit. Nadat ik deze lip butter een tijdje had gebruikt, ontdekte ik dat het veel makkelijker was dit product op je lippen aan te brengen als het een beetje opgewarmd is. Als je deze lip butter bewaart op een warmere plaats, zal dit product een beetje smelten en zal het veel makkelijker zijn deze aan te brengen op je lippen. Het geeft je een glans op je lippen, net zoals een lipgloss doet. Hoewel ik meestal niet hou van de geuren die de producten van the Body Shop hebben, vind ik de geur van deze Shea lip butter wel aangenaam.

The Body Butter: I actually didn't use this Body Butter a lot, because this a quite expensive product for the little amount you get. And I go through bodylotions like crazy, so I didn't want to use this bodybutter up in a few days. So I've been trying it only once in a while. But so far, I like this body butter. It leaves a nice smell into your skin for a few hours and it really hydrates my skin. 

De Body Butter: ik heb deze body butter eigenlijk nog niet veel gebruikt, gewoonweg omdat het een vrij duur product is voor de kleine inhoud die er in zit. En ik gebruik mijn bodylotions op alsof het niets is, dus ik wou deze bodybutter niet meteen opgebruiken in enkele dagen. Dus gebruik ik deze body butter enkel af en toe. Maar tot nu, vind ik deze body butter wel aangenaam. Het laat een leuke geur achter op je huid voor enkele uren en het hydrateert mijn huid.

What do you think of the Body Shop-products? Which lip butter or body butter do you use?

If you want to know more about me,
don't hesitate to follow me on Bloglovin or Instagram!


Don't forget to love and smile today!
Love, Annelies

CONVERSATION

24 reacties:

  1. Dat lijkt me zo'n fijn spul! :) Liefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben er uiteindelijk wel tevreden over ja! :)
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
  2. Oh I like the ones you picked! From what I remember they aren't too scented, but they smell warm and nutty!

    I am a bit pickier about the lip balm I use at nighttime, but not so picky when it comes to body lotions. I really like the NUXE Reve de Miel lip balm. For the moment, I have the Caudalie body lotion and a couple of body butters of L'Occitane in rotation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the nutty scent these one have :) I only know the L'Occitane brand you talk about, but I've never used anything from it. It seems like you already tested a lot of lip balms and body lotions! Thank you for your lovely comment Sunny!

      Love, Annelies

      Delete
  3. I've nerver tried The Body Shop products, and now i want!!!!! ;))

    Kisses!!

    Tiff
    http://mabulledepensees.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice store and they have great make-up too!
      Love, Annelies

      Delete
  4. wat een mooie blog lay-out zeg! wauw (:


    xxx Anna
    A Tale of Two Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dankjewel voor je complimentje! Het is nochtans een vrij gewone lay-out en ik zou hem zelfs willen veranderen :)
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
  5. ik vind de bodybutters van dit merk echt heerlijk ruiken altijd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik ben er ook gek van :) Bedankt voor je reactie en ik hoop je nog eens te zien op mn blog!
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
  6. moi non plus je n'aime pas trop le lip butter, mais le body butter j'adore c'est crémeux ça sent bon, parfait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je n'aimais pas le lip butter au début, mais après que j'ai utilisé ce produit pour quelques semaines, je pense que c'est bon maintenant. Merci pour votre réaction!!

      Bisous, Annelies

      Delete
  7. Ohhh deze wil ik ook! Ze lijken me heel lekker. Ik heb in een spontane actie heel de blueberry lijn gekocht haha.
    liefs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, die heb ik in de winkel ook al eens getest, die was ook lekker!
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
  8. The body shop producten zijn altijd zo fijn, deze lijken me ook erg fijn :D !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ze zijn ook echt wel aangenaam om te gebruiken :)
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
  9. wauw ziet er goed uit zeg, mooie layout heb je ! liefs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4/17/2014

    De lipbutter ken ik nog niet, maar lijkt me fijn! Als ze net zo lekker ruiken/smeren als de bodybutters ben ik waarschijnlijk al om!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik vind wel dat ze lekker ruiken, maar dat hangt natuurlijk van persoon tot persoon af :). Ik gebruik ze alleszins heel graag!
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
  11. Ik heb denk ik een scrub gehad uit deze lijn, was ook heel fijn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Die heb ik nog niet geprobeerd, zal ik toch eens moeten testen dan! :)
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
  12. I love to try out the scrub ones! Sounds great! :)


    x Aurélie
    http://lovelifelovefashion.be

    (Feel free to come by, I'm organizing many giveaways this month for the blog b-day ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to try the scrub ones also then, I guess ;)
      Love, Annelies

      Delete

Double tap