Changing new for old: bronzer

Happy sunday ladies! :)


Since a few months I've been loving to experiment with bronzers. Every day I'm trying to get better and better in shaping my face. I use this beauty product every time I wear make-up, so you can pretty much call me a bronzer-junkie. I can't go without it anymore. Last week I ran out of the Essence bronzer I had, so I could finally treat myself with a new bronzer. I wanted to buy the NYC bronzer in Sunny when I would run out of bronzer, so I immediately went to the NYC-section in the drugstore. Unfortunately I didn't find the NYC bronzer in Sunny so that was a bit disappointing because I heard so much good things about this drugstore product. I decided to go with an other bronzing product of NYC.
This is the bronzer I used for several months: it's the Essence Bronzing Compact Powder in '02 Love to be matt'. I really loved this bronzer and I was doubting if I would buy this bronzer again, but I really wanted to try some other bronzers out so that I could find other ones that could be even better. This Essence bronzer had a matt finish to it and gave me natural contours. It says so be a silky smooth powder that will give you a matt and tanned finish. And like I said, I can't complain about this product. Really liked it!
Because I didn't find the NYC Bronzer in Sunny, I went with this NYC Big Bold Bronzing Powder in '602 Metropolitan'. It retails for 3,99 euro. When I bought this one in the drugstore, I didn't see that it had little bits of shimmer in it. So when I came home and tested out this bronzer, I saw that it had little glitters in it. I was a bit disappointed because I normally don't choose a bronzer with little shimmers in it, because I don't like it when your whole face is covered in glitters. When I want to have some shimmer on my face, I would use a highlight or something, but not a bronzer. Anyway, I had to cope with this shimmery bronzer ... and eventually I like it! 
You can see the little glitters here on this picture when I made I swatch from the new NYC Bronzer. The glitters are less remarkable in person than it is in picture, otherwise I wouldn't be happy with this bronzer. It looks more settle and natural in person. I'm pretty happy with this bronzer!

What brand do you think has the best bronzing products? 
Don't forget to love and smile today! 
Love, Annelies


CONVERSATION

15 reacties:

  1. Wauw, ik vind de bronzer en prachtig <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, dankjewel :) Hij is heel mooi als je hem draagt!
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
  2. wauw!! Ziet er mooi uit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een mooie bronzer zeg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik hou van bronzers, mijn favoriet is The Body Shop Shimmer Waves in Bronze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. De producten van de Body Shop lijken me ook heel goed! Bedankt voor je reactie!
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
  5. Because of the glitter this is a no-go for me, especially for shaping and contouring, but you seem to like it so that's good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally don't go for bronzers with glitters in it, but it looks very natural on your face so eventually it's a pretty good product :)

      Delete
  6. Supermooie bronzer!! Ik heb er een aantal maar ik vind die van Rimmel heel erg fijn. Deze ziet er ook wel echt interessant uit.. Misschien dat ik hem de volgende keer ook maar is mee neem!

    liefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik heb al meerdere goede reacties gehoord over die van Rimmel, dus die ga ik zeker ook eens proberen! Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
    2. ziet er inderdaad super uit zeg! liefs x

      Delete
    3. Ik draag hem nu elke keer ik make-up draag dus ben er blij mee. Dankjewel Rachel! Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
  7. Thank you! I normally like bronzers without glitters too, but this one works fine for me :)
    Love, Annelies

    ReplyDelete

Double tap