NYC City Blackout

Hi there ladies! 

This week I've did something I've never did before... putting black nailpolish on my nails. I know you will think like 'I already do that for so many years now', but for me it's the first time I've chosen black nailpolish. When I was younger I never understood the beauty of putting black nailpolish on your nails. I even remember one moment I said to my friend 'that I would never use black nailpolish'. Well... forget that. I've fallen in love with wearing this color on my nails! I never thought I would like it so much to have black nails. Let's check out my nails!
These are the nailpolishes I used to paint my nails. I used 2 nailpolishes from NYC: the Expert Last Nail Polish. The last few weeks I've mostly tried NYC products and I have to admit I'm quite impressed with this brand. They give you pretty good quality products for a low price. 
I used the color 146 Grey Haze and 119 City Blackout on my nails. I've been into putting another color on my ring finger to spice up my nails, but I think it will be prettier if I painted all of my nails in a black color or when I painted the silver nail with an extra glittery coat on top of it. I expected the silver nailpolish to be more glittery, but it turned out more greyish. Oh well, I love it!
This is how it turned out! I always thought you had to have enough confidence to wear such a dark color like black on your nails, but surprisingly, wearing this nailpolish gave ME more confidence! I'm lucky to have long and strong nails naturally and it automatically makes nailpolish look prettier on your nails.
 These nailpolishes claim to last up to 10 days and I have to say they do a pretty good job at staying on your nails. I don't think they will really last for 10 days, but I'm wearing these nailpolishes for 7 days already now and non of them has chipped. That's pretty good for a cheap nailpolish, huh?! I've bought these NYC nailpolishes for 2,49 euro in a drugstore. 

Have you also tried these NYC nailpolishes? And do you like wearing black nailpolish?

Don't forget to love and smile today!
Love, Annelies

CONVERSATION

16 reacties:

  1. Wauw, wat een mooie lakjes. En bijzonder dat ze gewoon 7 dagen zo mooi blijven zitten, dat is mij nog nooit overkomen. Klinkt dus als een droomnagellak <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben echt fan van de NYC nagellakjes :)!
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
  2. Not bad indeed! And yeah, your nails do look really good :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm blessed to have such long nails because it makes it so much easier to make nailpolish look good.
      Love, Annelies

      Delete
    2. P.S.: Just so you know, e.l.f. is wel verkrijgbaar in Belgie :-) Het is een online merk en ligt dus niet in de winkels. Je kan gewoon bestellen via de e.l.f. webshop.

      Delete
    3. Echt? Dan ga ik daar zeker eens naar kijken :-) Dankjewel om het te laten weten Melissa!

      Delete
  3. I really love this colour! Sometimes i think that black could be very elegant!!!!!!

    Kisses!!!

    Tiff
    http://mabulledepensees.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time using black nailpolish and it looked elegant immediately! I'm addicted!!
      Love, Annelies

      Delete
  4. Anonymous3/25/2014

    Staat wel erg mooi zo! Ik draag ook nooit zwarte nagellak, maar vind het best sjieke staan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je moet het echt eens proberen, ik dacht ook dat ik het nooit zou dragen, maar nu ben ik er gek van!
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
  5. beautiful! I just recently started wearing black polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see a lot of people wearing black nailpolish nowadays :) I love it!
      Love, Annelies

      Delete
  6. Wat een mooie kleuren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel Manon! :)
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete
  7. Wauuw! Ik ben normaal gesproken echt totaal niet van de zwarte nagellak, maar ik vind dit er wel erg tof uitzien. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik was er ook eerst helemaal niet zo voor, maar ben zo blij dat ik het toch eens geprobeerd had! Zeker eens doen als je een iets gedurfdere kleur wilt ;-)
      Liefs, Annelies

      Delete

Double tap